The Dodge brand is bringing its A-game for its 100th anniversary, significantly updating both the iconic Dodge Challenger muscle car and Dodge Charger four-door sedan.
The iconic 2015 Dodge Charger gets a full-body makeover for along with powertrain updates that include a standard TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission on both Charger's standard 3.6-liter V-6 Pentastar engine and, new for 2015, the R/T equipped 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8.
"Our Dodge designers have resculpted nearly every single body panel of the Dodge Charger for 2015, giving it a sleek, nimble appearance," said Tim Kuniskis, President and CEO — Dodge Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. "The Charger's all-new exterior design combined with its standard new TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission and the latest in-car technology builds on the brand's promise to deliver American performance machines with world-class efficiency, technology, authentic materials and standout styling for our customers."
The 2015 Dodge Charger will be available in four models: SE, SXT, R/T and R/T Road & Track. Charger is built at the Brampton (Ont.) Assembly Plant in Canada. Production is slated to begin in the fourth quarter of 2014.
Charger continues to grow its market share
The 2015 Dodge Charger competes in the U.S. full-size car market, but stands alone in a class by itself as the only American-bred four-door muscle car. In March of 2014, the Dodge brand reached a significant milestone, with Challenger and Charger sales combining to sell a total of more than 1 million units in the United States.
The Charger's combination of aggressive and youthful image, full-size functionality and world-class engineering and quality resonates with young and affluent buyers. Charger's purchasers on average are 15 years younger than its competitors' buyers within the segment, with more than half identifying themselves as millennials or Generation Xers.
The Dodge Charger's appeal is attracting a high number of conquest buyers, helping drive a 62 percent increase in sales since 2009 – double the growth of the standard full-size car segment. In 2013, the Dodge Charger posted its best sales year since 2007, further fueling a 3.2 percentage point gain in market share since 2009.
To help Charger keep its edge, Dodge is loading up the new sedan with a slew of new technologies and a host of premium features, such as high-end interiors, the latest technologies and impressive powertrain options, along with a new exterior design that is distinctly Dodge. New feature updates for 2015 include:
New exterior styling
• New hood
• New fenders
• New front and rear fascias
• New front doors
• New three-piece spoiler (standard R/T)
• New Dodge signature LED racetrack tail lamps
• New projector headlamps (high-intensity discharge headlamps on premium trims)
• New LED fog lamps (SXT and R/T)
• New center high-mounted stop lamp (CHMSL)
• New wheels for all price classes, including available 20-by-9-inch forged aluminum wheels
• New 20-inch wheels standard on R/T models
• Six different 20-inch wheel styles available
• New heritage colors, including B5 Blue, which accompanies classic high-impact TorRed
New interior styling and materials
• New 7-inch thin-film transistor (TFT) customizable digital gauge cluster
• New instrument panel center stack with next-generation radio and 5.0-inch and 8.4-inch touchscreen displays with 3-D navigation and downloadable apps
• New three-spoke thick rim steering wheel with available paddle shifters
• New performance-inspired electronic shifter
• New Dodge Performance Pages (R/T Road & Track)
• Eight all-new interior trims, including:
> New Black and Tungsten cloth (replaces Light Frost Beige on SXT and R/T)
>New Black and Pearl leather (replaces Tan leather)
> New Black and Ruby Red (replaces Radar Red leather)
• Included trial of Uconnect Access Services
• 9-1-1 call/Assist Call
• Roadside Assistance Call
• Theft-alarm notification
• Uconnect Access App for remote services
• Voice texting
• Wi-Fi hotspot (service available)
• New Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist
• New Adaptive Cruise Control Plus with Full Stop
• New advanced Brake Assist
• New full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus
• New dynamic gridlines displayed with the rear camera view to show projected path of vehicle based on driver steering input
• New TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission standard on all models
• New fully hemmed rear wheelhouse to accommodate larger tires
• All-wheel-drive (AWD) with front-axle disconnect available on SXT and, now for 2015, SE model
‘Pure'formance, Aero'dramatics' and ‘Fun'ctionality in Design
Inspired by its performance-enthusiast roots when Charger first launched more than 45 years ago, the new 2015 Dodge Charger successfully pays homage to past muscle cars while offering distinctly modern all-new exterior and interior appointments.