New 2015 Dodge Charger offers more than 80 safety and security features; leverages state-of-the-art driver-assist features
The Dodge Charger offers more than 80 safety and security features, including many that are new for 2015. New available features for the model year include Full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, which provides autonomous braking and, under certain circumstances, slows or brings vehicle to full stop when frontal collision appears imminent.
Adaptive Cruise Control Plus with Full Stop helps maintain distance from the vehicle ahead and, under certain traffic conditions, the system can bring the new 2015 Dodge Charger to full stop without driver intervention. New Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist introduces subtle steering-wheel input to alert the driver of inadvertent lane departure and assist with corrective action.
Charger's ParkSense rear park assist system works when the car is in reverse, sensing objects at low speeds. If imminent collision is detected, the system will provide a momentary, autonomous brake pulse or, in certain circumstances, bring the vehicle to a stop.
New for 2015, 9-1-1 call/Assist Call connects Dodge Charger occupants directly with emergency-service providers via built-in data connection with a push of a button, a feature exclusive to Chrysler Group's Uconnect Access service.
The Charger's standard Keyless Enter 'n Go activates interior lighting and enables passive cabin entry and trunk access through the driver's personalized key fob. The new Charger also includes a standard ultrasonic security system with an anti-tilt feature that sounds an alarm if vehicle is towed or raised on a jack.
Enthusiast-inspired Rear-Wheel Drive architecture with advanced technological solutions
The chassis of the all-new 2015 Dodge Charger is designed, engineered and fine-tuned to deliver world-class performance and efficiencies thanks to its advanced technological solutions, which include:
Electric power steering (EPS)
• New EPS now provides three driver-selectable steering modes: Normal, Comfort and Sport. Tuning allows for more responsive steering for spirited driving while maintaining ease in low-speed situations and when parking
All-new, lighter weight axles for RWD and AWD
• All-new cast-aluminum axles and axle housing provide weight savings and help to reduce parasitic friction
• Sport mode provides blistering-quick gear changes, reducing shift times by 37 percent (250 milliseconds vs. 400 milliseconds), while engaging a more aggressive transmission calibration. When Auto Stick is engaged with Sport mode, the driver can select and hold the desired gear without unexpected shifts, including at the redline
• Sport mode also engages a more aggressive throttle map and steering feel
• Fully electronic shifter provides the intuitive look and feel of a traditional linkage shifter with less shift effort, short throws and refined engagement and detents providing clear physical feedback of gear position. Like the available steering-wheel mounted paddle shifters for manual shift control, the new electronic shifter also has a manual-mode shift gate for Auto Stick control
Segment's most innovative All-Wheel Drive system delivers best-in-class fuel economy
The 2015 Dodge Charger SE and SXT are available with AWD capability thanks to a segment-exclusive active transfer case and front-axle disconnect system that improves fuel economy by up to 5 percent. No other major automotive manufacturer offers the combination of these two independent technologies. Dodge Charger's innovative AWD system seamlessly transitions between RWD and AWD with no driver intervention. When AWD is not required, the system automatically disconnects the front axle to maximize fuel economy while still providing the outstanding performance and handling inherent in RWD vehicles. To better anticipate low-traction roadways, the Dodge Charger's innovative AWD system automatically engages in cold weather, when slip is detected or when the windshield wipers are on in rainy or snowy conditions.
2015 Dodge Charger: The World's Only Four-Door Muscle Car Gets New Exterior, 300 Horsepower V-6 With Best-in-class 31 MPG Highway, Standard Segment-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed Automatic Transmission and World-class Handling and Refinement
• Dodge designers resculpt and refine nearly every body panel on the new 2015 Dodge Charger, including dramatic LED lighting in both front and rear
• Standard segment-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission is now paired with the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI® V-8 engine on 2015 Dodge Charger R/T models, as well as the fuel-efficient and powerful 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine
• Award-winning Pentastar V-6 paired with standard TorqueFlite eight-speed transmission delivers best-in-class 31 miles per gallon (mpg)
• New interior design elements, including three-spoke steering wheel, 7-inch reconfigurable gauge cluster, premium materials and a choice of eight new trim and color combinations
• Charger offers more than 80 available safety and security features, including new for 2015 full-speed Forward Collision Warning-Plus, Adaptive Cruise Control Plus with Full Stop, Lane Departure Warning with Lane Keep Assist, ParkSense rear park assist systems and 9-1-1 call/Assist Call
• Charger features a slew of the latest high-tech features, including the new award-winning Uconnect Access system, Uconnect Access Services with roadside assistance, theft-alarm notification, voice texting, new Dodge Performance pages, new 3-D navigation and the ability to turn the Charger into a Wi-Fi hot spot
• New mobile app lets 2015 Charger owners start and lock their vehicle from a distance
• Uconnect Via Mobile lets customers enjoy their personal Internet radio accounts and stream audio content using their own mobile device data plans. It seamlessly brings four popular Internet radio apps into the Dodge Charger, including Aha by Harman, iHeartRadio, Pandora and Slacker
• Charger's segment-exclusive Beats Audio System is designed to immerse passengers in the ultimate audio experience