It takes a special kind of person to hold on to a car for almost 50 years. Most, if not all of us, had a car that we wish we had kept. But life tends to force a lot of changes on people, and normally, some of those changes require a different focus on transportation. For Marc Milosevich of Royal Oak, Michigan, his transportation focus might have changed once or twice during his life, but his main focus meant that his '67 Charger that he bought new, remain with him.

Marc tells us that his Charger's story began on April 12, 1967, when he walked into Hodges Dodges on Woodward Avenue. The young Marc felt that when he ordered his Charger, it needed to be equipped with a Hemi. Like many 20-year-olds of the time, a brief discussion with his insurance agent shed some light on what insurance costs would be if he chose that particular engine, and Marc decided that he could live with a 383. Marc also decided that an automatic transmission and a 3.23-geared Sure-Grip would help with the daily driving duties.

It was the following May 5 when his car arrived at the dealership, and a scant couple weeks later, he drove it to Indianapolis to watch A.J. Foyt win the Indy 500 for his third time. In February of 1968, he and a friend loaded the Charger with everything they thought they would need and drove to Daytona, Florida, to watch the 500-mile race they have there each year. Unfortunately, not being able to find a hotel room meant that they ended up sleeping in the car, in the parking lot of Daytona Speedway.

Marc told us, "I can still remember cruising on Woodward, and seeing the Silver Bullet sitting in the garage bay at the Sunoco on 14 Mile Road, but my work schedule precluded me from ever seeing it actually street race." Eventually, he would become friends with Harold Sullivan (current owner of the Silver Bullet).

It was 1976 when Marc finally decided that other daily transportation was needed, and he parked the Charger under his carport, where it sat until 1991. It was then that Marc decided a fresh coat of paint was needed. His cousin got the nod, and two years later, a freshly repainted Charger returned. With the fresh repaint, the car remained on the road with Marc updating things as he drove it. In 1994, one of those "drives" saw him parking his Charger next to the rim of the Grand Canyon for a picture.

Since then, Marc spends most of his time driving the Charger to local (and not-so-local) Mopar events.

Oh, and you're probably wondering why this '67 Charger has 1968 marker lights? It was back in 1968 that Marc convinced his brother to get a '68 Charger. When Marc saw the side marker lights, he liked them so much that he ordered a set for his '67 and installed them. Marc thought they looked better on his '67 than on a '68, so they still reside on the car.

Fast Facts

1967 Dodge Charger; Marc Milosevich; Royal Oak, Michigan

Mopar Power

Engine: Although Marc wanted a Hemi when he ordered his Charger, finances put the kibosh on that. However, the 383 does everything that Marc asks it to do. A rebuild saw the addition of .030 inch to the cylinder bores, which were filled with KB 10.0:1 pistons mounted to the stock crankshaft and rods. There's a Mopar Performance hydraulic camshaft with .454-inch lift, and the stock cylinder heads support an M1 intake, and the 600-cfm Edelbrock carburetor. The ignition was upgraded to electronic, and the stock manifolds connect to a 2½-inch exhaust with Flowmaster mufflers.
Transmission: In 1967, the Charger left the factory with a 727. It is still in use, but Marc has added a Mopar Performance converter and shift improver kit.
Rear: It's a basic 8¾ that came with 3.23 gears.

Sure Grip

Suspension: Rebuilt stock.
Brakes: Manual discs and drums.
Wheels/Tires: The factory 14-inch Magnum 500s are still in play, but now they're wrapped with 245/60 BFG Radials.

High Impact

Paint/Body: It's all bone stock, and repainted in 1993 by his cousin.
Interior: The interior is a mix of original and restored items. Can you tell which is which?