Factory buckets and rear fold-down...
Factory buckets and rear fold-down seat were re-covered during restoration back in 1985. Does it look like anyone's used them much since?
Meanwhile, Sal's Survivor, white '68 Formula S and "factory-executive hot rod" '70 Barracuda Gran Coupe convertible now head up his Mopar collection, while the '67 you see here is at home with Ron and Dana in East Windsor, New Jersey.
Sal's good eye spotted this car when it was for sale, and he says that a good look is something you should give to a potential purchase of yours, whether it's a project, cruiser, or one to show. "Always buy a car as solid as possible and having as many original parts on it as possible," he says.
'67 Plymouth Barracuda Sports Fastback
Owned by: Ron and Dana Frasca, East Windsor, New Jersey (Given as a wedding gift to Ron and Dana by Sal and Kelly Frasca, Brooklyn, New York)
Restored by: Steve Frisbie at Steve's Auto Restorations, Portland, Oregon.
- Engine: Steve's Auto Restorations rebuilt the original 273ci LA-series V8 and replaced its two-barrel carburetor, intake manifold, and air cleaner with a four-barrel, factory iron four-barrel intake and an "unsilenced" air cleaner from the "Commando 273" engine option.
- Transmission: Original matching-numbers 904 TorqueFlite was restored, and it's still stirred by its OEM console-mounted shifter
- Rearend: OEM 8¼-inch rear end was restored and plugged back in.
- Suspension: Restored by Steve's with OEM-style front torsion bars, rear leaf springs and tubular shock absorbers.
- Brakes: Restored original system has a new-for-'67 dual-circuit master cylinder, and non-power-assisted drum-and-shoe brakes at each corner.
- Wheels: Original 14x5-inch steel wheels wear optional full-wheel covers and whitewall P205/75R14 Pirelli P400 Touring tires all around.
- Body: Original '67 A-Body fastback unibody was restored by Steve's Auto Restorations in 1985-and has not needed any major work since.
- Paint: Original EE1 Dark Blue, applied by Steve's Auto Restorations.
- Interior: Restored to showroom-new appearance by Steve's. Retained original features include Rallye gauge cluster, console with shifter for the 904, front bucket/rear bench seats upholstered in white vinyl.