"[This] Demon is one of the most fun cars I've ever owned, it'll scare you."--Kevin Hand
1971 Dodge Demon
Car Owner: Kevin Hand, Greensboro, NC
- Engine: The motor is a 1970s-era Dodge 340, worked over by Competition Automotive with a fresh bottom end, a Hughes cam kit, and a high-rpm Edelbrock Performer heads and port-matched Six Pack intake. A Milodon pan keeps it slick, and Hooker headers attached to a factory type T/A muffler /exhaust system round it out. Ignition is from Mopar.
- Transmission: A833 four speed with Centerforce clutch and Hayes flywheel.
- Differential: 8¾ with 4.11 gearing, Sure Grip, and Strange axles.
- Horsepower and Performance: Dyno'ed at 445 ponies off the crankshaft.
- Suspension: Super Stock rear springs and pinion snubber.
- Brakes: rebuilt front discs and rear drums
- Wheels: Factory 14-inch steelies painted body color.
- Rubber: Goodyear Polyglas E70-14.
- Body: The body work was done by Performance Car Restorations and features a 1972 style hood scoop and Go Wing.
- Paint: F5 red paint and black longitudinal body stripe.
- Interior: The front bench seat has a wood-handled Hurst shifter coming up from the floor; there is also some Autometer gauges and tach to monitor whatever those gears shifts change.
Best Performance: Ask the unfortunate street guys who have first 'Hand' experience...