Fast Facts: 1968 Plymouth Barracuda
Car Owner: John Balow, Chippewa Falls, WI
- Engine: Almost bone stock, the original factory 340 was treated to an .030-inch clean-up and rebuilt to stock specs. Thanks to tti, the only real change was a swap to headers feeding to the factory exhaust set-up.
- Transmission: Rebuilt 727 TorqueFlite, 3500 stall speed converter.
- Differential: 8 3/4 with 3.55 gear and Sure Grip.
- Horsepower and Performance: Up on the dyno, the package kicked out 310 ponies.
- Suspension: Basically stock replacement pieces, but urethane was used to give better road feel.
- Brakes: Upgraded to 4.5 bolt circles on all four corners, front discs and rear drums.
- Wheels: Factory 14-inch steelies painted body color.
- Rubber: Replacement Firestone F70-14 red streaks.
- Body: Credit for the bodywork goes to MCR's guys, though John purchased this car specifically because it was solid.
- Paint: PPG base-clear in Chrysler's T-5 Bronze Metallic.
- Interior: Stock other than a few aftermarket Autometer gauges.