"I originally wanted a '74 360 Charger but my father said I would kill myself," --Vince Dmuchowski
'75 Dodge Dart Sport Hang 10
Owned by: Vince Dmuchowski, Sarasota, Florida
- Engine: With over 250,000 miles, the LA has certainly been rebuilt. Racing Head Service put together a dependable combination to get Vince back on the road and stay there for another quarter-million miles. Speed Pro pistons, Chrysler H-beam rods, and a balanced Chrysler crankshaft make up the rotating assembly. The rebuild increased displacement to 366 cubic inches. The rest of the internals are mostly new stock-style parts, including the cam and cast iron heads. Vince has dedicated many hours to ensuring that his Thermoquad carburetor is in tip-top shape at all times. It's through his close scrutiny of all the mechanical parts that his Dart has been on the road for so long.
- Transmission: USA Transmission in Bradenton, Florida, rebuilt the 727 automatic with a B&M 2,800-stall converter and shift kit, and Vince added a large Police cooler later on. It's shifted with a Pistol Grip handle.
- Rearend: An 8 1/4-inch rearend with 3.21 gears and Sure-Grip differential.
- Suspension: Over the years Vince has added thicker front and rear sway bars, new leaf springs, and gas shocks. He says that the biggest improvements came from the polyurethane bushings and Firm Feel power steering box. He has also found that by using extended length Chrysler Imperial shocks in the rear, wheel hop is eliminated.
- Brakes: Stock power 10.98-inch discs in front and cast iron drums in the rear.
- Wheels and Tires: Stock 15x7 Chrysler Rallye Wheels with 225/60R15 Bridgestone Potenza radials.
- Paint/Body: In 1986, the now defunct Burke's Body Shop in Sarasota, Florida, resprayed the Hang 10 in Eggshell White. Vince added Direct Connection front and rear spoilers and a twin-scoop fiberglass hood. He even modified a set of front and rear aluminum Dart Lite bumper supports to fit his standard Duster. This saved around 80 pounds.
- Interior: International Auto Upholstery in Sarasota recovered the seats, and Vince has maintained the dash and interior panels.