"My brother Bill--I call him 'the magician'--he did it all." --Joe Eichenlaub
1965 Plymouth Barracuda
Owned by: Joe Eichenlaub, Pataskala, Ohio
- Engine: Restored "Commando 273," complete with Carter AFB four-barrel, chrome "unsilenced" air cleaner, solid-lifter camshaft and larger-diameter single exhaust with resonator and chrome tip.
- Transmission: 727 TorqueFlite with a console-mounted shifter, as ordered back in '65.
- Rearend: Restored original 8 3/4-inch rear end, without Sure Grip but with 3.55:1 rear gears.
- Suspension: Restored original Formula S: (Front) Heavy-duty longitudinal torsion bars and tubular shocks with an anti-sway bar. (Rear) Heavy-duty leaf springs with tubular shocks.
- Brakes: Restored original power-assisted drum-and shoe brakes all around.
- Wheels and Tires: "Wide rim" 14 x 5.5-inch steel wheels wear a set of Firestone FR380 205/70R14 radial whitewalls and a set of original bolt-on wheel covers.
- Body: Original '65 Plymouth A-Body 2-door unibody restored with replacement wheel well pieces and '65 Dart floors. Sheet metal not found at swap meets (or on parts cars) fabricated by Bill Eichenlaub
- Paint: Just like in '65: Ivory with gold stripes, done in acrylic enamel by Bill Eichenlaub
- Interior: Stock interior restored with Legendary's seat kits, plus other items from Year One and Layson's Auto Restorations.