"It drives like an overgrown go cart!"--Fred Kappus Jr.
1967 Dodge Dart two-door sedan
Owned by: Fred Kappus Jr, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
- Engine: A 512-inch stroker based on a 400 block with Edelbrock Performer RPM heads, built by Jeff Fiala at Wheeler Dyno Service, Blaine, Minnesota, with an Eagle rotating assembly; Comp Cams' flat-tappet hydraulic camshaft, a 950 Holley atop an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, MSD 6AL ignition, tti headers, and Flowmaster mufflers.
- Transmission: Tremec TKO 600 five-speed manual
- Rearend: 8-3/4 inch with Sure Grip, Moser axles and 3.55 gears
- Suspension: Reilly Motorsports AlterKtion K-Member with Monroe Vari-Shock coilovers in front, and a Calvert Racing monoleaf rear suspension with CalTracs traction bars.
- Brakes: SSBC rotors (13-inch in front, 10-inch in back) and SSBC three-piston front/four-piston rear calipers
- Wheels and Tires: American Racing Torq-Thrust M wheels (17 x 8 inches in front, 17 x 11 inches in back) wear BFGoodrich g-Force T/As (225/45ZR17 in front, 315/35ZR17 in back)
- Body: Fred smoothed out the original '67 Dart two-door sedan unibody, and performed remedial pre-paint bodywork.
- Paint: Fred's buddy, Tony O'Meara, applied the PPG Viper Red basecoat/clearcoat (and Black for the rear bumblebee stripe).
- Interior: Black Summit Sport seats and reproduction Auto Custom Carpets, a Rocky Mountain dash with AutoMeter gauges and an Alpine sound system, roll cage and Vintage Air AC.