"The best we've run so far is 13.40 in the 1/4-mile. I know there's still another second there."--Zach Dodgen
'65 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
Owned by: Jim and Zach Dodgen, Northglenn, Colorado
- Engine: A Mopar Performance 360 crate engine replaced the original 273.
- Transmission: 833 four-speed with a Hurst shifter
- Rearend: 8 3/4 with A-Body big-bolt-pattern axle shafts and 4.10 gears
- Suspension: Stock '65 Barracuda (Front torsion bars, rear leaf springs and tubular shocks all around)
- Brakes: Stock '65 Barracuda
- Wheels and Tires: American Racing Wheels aluminum wheels (small bolt pattern in front) at all corners wear Mickey Thompson tires.
- Body: Original '65 Barracuda unibody needed a new grille and front lower valance, plus the Dodgens flared the rear fenders and added the hood scoop
- Paint: PPG Viper Yellow two-stage
- Interior: 3R Racing seats, Simpson harnesses and AutoMeter gauges inside an otherwise-stock cabin.