"A lot of people roll down their window and ask if it has a Hemi."--Rod Plott
'73 Plymouth Scamp
Owned by: Rod Plott, Joplin, Missouri
- Engine: Vintage 340 rebuilt by Dyn-A-Tech Engine Specialists, Galena, Kansas, with a .040-inch overbore, heads with 2.02-inch intake and 1.60-inch exhaust valves, a Mopar "Purple Shaft" Camshaft (.455-inch lift), forged steel crankshaft, Edelbrock carburetor and intake, and Doug's Headers.
- Transmission: Original column-shifted 904 Torqueflite
- Rearend: Original 8 1/4 rear with 3.23 gears
- Suspension: Original front torsion bars were adjusted to give a lower stance, while air shocks in back combine with the stock leaf springs.
- Brakes: Front disc/rear drums, with low-dust front pads (to keep the wheels clean)
- Wheels and Tires: Foose "Nitrous" wheels (17 x 7 inch front, 18 x 7 inch rear) on ultra-low-profile Goodyear tires 225/50R17 in front, 245/50R17 in back)
- Body: Original, no-rust '73 A-Body hardtop was shaved of its side marker lights and badging, and had minor rust repair done, before it was prepped for paint
- Paint: Travis Gamble sprayed on the two-stage PPG FC7 Plum Crazy paint as well as the White bumblebee stripe and blackout on the hood.
- Interior: Period-correct front buckets replaced the OEM split front bench, and all the seats wear Legendary's repro white vinyl seat covers over Legendary's 80/20 loop pile black carpets. 2000-watt sound system features a Pioneer head unit hidden in the glovebox, and second battery (in trunk).