'69 Plymouth Sport Satellite Convertible
One of 14 '69 Sport Satellite convertibles built by Chrysler with 318 and three-speed manual (column-shift) transmission.
- Engine: A 340 Magnum "done the hard way." Based on an '00 Dakota 5.2L Magnum, Paul added mildly ported aluminum Mopar Performance Magnum cylinder heads with stainless steel valves and new springs, an early LA neutral-balance crankshaft with rod journals offset ground to 2.0 inches, Manley 6.0-inch connecting rods attached to cut-down Speed Pro 3.925-inch bore pistons, ACCEL GEN 7 digital fuel-injection system with '96 Neon 24 lb/hr injectors, and Ross Machine Racing prototype aluminum fuel rails. It's cooled by a BeCool aluminum radiator with an electric fan and aluminum overflow tank, and breathes through a Tube Technologies Incorporated (tti) 2.5-inch-diameter exhaust system with headers and x pipe system, DynoMax mufflers, and stainless steel exhaust tips.
- Transmission: Richmond gear five-speed manual with 1:1 top gear. Clutch assembly is all Ram Automotive: a "Cleaning Lady" 18-spline/10.5-inch clutch disc with a 2,600-pound/10.5-inch Borg & Beck-style pressure plate and 18-pound aluminum flywheel-contained in a stock '77 Volare aluminum bellhousing.
- Rearend: 2.94-geared "742"-style rearend with a Sure Grip differential
- Suspension: Front: original-style torsion bars with Magnum Force tubular control arms and OEM anti-sway bar; rear: original-style leaf springs with Just Suspension antisway bar
- Steering: Rebuilt OEM recirculating-ball steering; power assist provided by driver.
- Brakes: Four-wheel Wilwood discs replaced OEM 11-inch drum-and-shoe brakes. Reproduction brake lines by Fine Lines. Roll control by Hurst.
- Wheels & Tires: 15x7-inch American Racing Torq-Thrust D wheels on all corners wear Firestone Indy 500 tires, 225/70R15 in front, 235/70R15 in back.
- Body: Original '69 Plymouth B-Body convertible restored by Larry Sampson at Zambito Auto Body, Tampa, Florida. Structural upgrades fabricated by Sampson include subframe connectors, transmission support/tunnel, front seat floor mounts. Reproduction fiberglass hood by AAR Fiberglass, Cocoa, Florida, (first non-GTX/Road Runner hood that AAR made for Plymouth B-Body cars). Stock bumpers restored and replated by Bumper Boyz.
- Paint: Metallic Silver (from '03 Lincoln Town car color selection), applied by Larry Sampson at Zambito Auto Body, Tampa, Florida.
- Interior: (Front) '96 Chrysler Sebring buckets with console; (rear) Stock Sport Satellite bench-all upholstered in silver-grey leather by Better Leather, Lutz, Florida. Wheelskin cover on stock steering wheel. In-dash gauges (including tachometer) rebuilt by Redline Gauge Works. Oil pressure gauge mounted on original column shifter tab. Front windows: Electric Life power window units; rear windows: OEM Mopar crank-'em-ups. Alpine AM/FM/XM Satellite Radio receiver with CD player replaced OEM in-dash AM/eight-track sound system. Reproduction carpets by Auto Custom Carpets (ACC); reproduction door/side panels by Legendary Auto Interiors.