Robert Ferrari's relationship with his '68 Coronet R/T began at birth, and will stay in the family.
"My father and I decided we would do an engine swap to get her back on the road, but it took on a life of its own," - Robert Ferrari
1968 Dodge Coronet R/T
Owned by: Robert Ferrari, Scottsdale, Arizona.
- Engine: 500 cubes, 505 horsepower, and 500 lb/ft of torque. The monster in question lurks underneath the six-pack hood of Robert's Coronet. It's a Mopar crate Wedge he purchased from Jay Dyson at Pitre Chrysler Plymouth. The supporting cast consists of Hi Flow cast iron Stage V heads, single plane M1 aluminum intake, 850 cfm Edelbrock carburetor, and Hooker long tube headers with Flowmaster mufflers.
- Transmission: John Walter at Lee Myles Transmissions in Scottsdale built the 727 automatic.
- Rearend: Dana 60 with 3.54 gears purchased from Houser's Rearend Service in Pennsylvania.
- Suspension: Restored to factory specs.
- Brakes: A front SSBC disc brake kit improves the massive B-Body's stopping power, while factory drums hold things down out back.
- Wheels and Tires: Steve Hank at AAcurate Auto helped Robert measure the offset and got him a great deal on his American Racing Torq-Thrust II wheels. They are 15x7-inch fronts and 15x10-inch rears with BFG Radial T/A tires - 225/70R5 and 295/50R15.
- Paint and Body: Tim Simmons at Painting Plus in Mesa, Arizona, performed all the paint and bodywork. The task proved to be quite the challenge as the trunk floor was replaced along with partial floor pans, both lower quarters, and the driver's side rear wheel well. Tim made the work look easy and dressed the B-Body in Plum Crazy when he was done. A fiberglass Six-Pack hood was added and painted flat black.
- Interior: Chuck Booth in Phoenix, Arizona, was selected to restore the interior. Most of the parts were sourced from Stephens Performance out of Anderson, Alabama. The remaining parts were located with the help of YearOne and Summit Racing. American Classic Restoration refinished the Rallye dash, center console, and door badges.