" . . . I knew that I wanted to drive the car again and not just look at it parked in my garage." -- John Godshalk
'69 Dodge Super Bee Original A12
Owned by: John Godshalk
Castle Rock, CO
- Engine: As a graduate of WyoTech, John was more than capable of completing most of the mechanical work on his own. He had the 440 RB block machined to .040-inch over, and installed a 4.15 crankshaft from 440Source that is bolted down by ARP main studs. This bumps displacement to roughly 500 cubic inches. It's attached to a 440Source stock length rods and pistons. Sitting on top is an original Edelbrock aluminum Six Pack intake manifold with Holley two-barrel carburetors. This is bolted to aluminum 440Source cylinder heads with 2.14/1.81-inch valves. Inside is a .242/.246-degrees duration .555/.569-inch lift Hughes Engines camshaft with 1.6 Hughes roller rockers. For the exhaust, tti 1 7/8-inch headers and a 3-inch system featuring Dynomax mufflers was used.
- Ignition: Mopar Performance electronic ignition and distributor with orange ECU box.
- Transmission: John rebuilt the four-speed transmission and had the Hurst shifter rebuilt by Hurst. It now features a Passon Performance overdrive.
- Rearend: A Sure-Grip Dana 60 with 4.10 gears.
- Suspension: Stock replacement suspension with Just Suspension components and Mopar Performance torsion bars. The shocks and struts are from KYB.
- Brakes: Front disc brakes and factory rear drums.
- Wheels and Tires: Billet Specialties 15x7 and 15x8 wheels.
- Body: Mark completed all of the bodywork and even fixed the bodywork that was poorly done by the previous shop. He had his work cut out for him, too. As every door, fender, and quarter had rust and damage to them.
- Paint: PPG Deltron B5 Blue.
- Interior: The seats were reupholstered by John's friend, Eddie. John sent the gauges out to Auto Instruments to have them replaced with white ones, and the steering column and parking brake were restored by SMS Restoration.