'70 Plymouth Road Runner Convertible
Owned by: Mike Newman
- Engine: Dick Bowshier from Urbana, Ohio, built the 447 cubic inch RB with Speed Pro pistons, Six-Pack rods, and stock crankshaft. An Extreme Energy hydraulic roller .488/.491 230/236 camshaft spins inside controlling the 2.14/1.81 valves inside the Edelbrock cylinder heads. Air is sent through an Edelbrock Performer PRM intake with a Holley Street Avenger 750 Carburetor mounted on top. A slew of Mopar Performance ignition upgrades were made to bring the big-block the spark it needs. For the exhaust, the Mopar nuts at tti were contacted for a set of their 1 7/8-inch primary long tube headers with 3 1/2-inch collectors. A tti exhaust system is then bolted to that.
- Transmission: Tracey Newman rebuilt the automatic and Mike claims it's the best shifting auto he has ever driven.
- Rearend: 8 3/4 Sure-Grip with Richmond 3.73 gears.
- Suspension: Just Suspension front and rear kits with sway bars and shocks.
- Brakes: Stock front 12-inch discs and rear drums.
- Wheels and Tires: 15x7-inch steel wheels with beauty caps shod in BFGoodrich Radial T/A rubber.
- Paint/Body: Every panel on the car is fresh and E-Coated for lasting protection against oxidation and rust. The floors were replaced by Mike, but the rest of the metal work and application of the Lemon Twist paint was completed by Josh Crutchfield in Springfield, Ohio.
- Interior: Bakers Upholstering in Urbana, Ohio, installed new black carpet, and white seat covers, trim, and panels from Legendary Auto Interiors. The dash and gauges were restored by Performance Car Graphics.