'70 Plymouth Super Bee
Owned by: Kevin Wesley, Lansing, Michigan
The 440 in the Bee needed a rebuild a couple of years ago because Kevin's dad was a little
- Engine: The original 440 engine powers this Bee. After many years of loyal service, the engine let go but kindly left the block in good shape. Kevin's friend and former car owner Greg Bigford rebuilt the engine at his shop, Auto Design, in Grand Ledge, Michigan.
- Transmission: Factory four-speed
- Rearend: The big boy Dana 60 with 4.10 gears
- Suspension: Ma Mopar built 'em right! Kevin's Bee features all the factory suspension. He keeps an eye on it and replaces anything that needs to be fixed.
- Brakes: Stock front discs and rear drums
- Wheels and Tires: The Rallye wheels didn't come with the car, but it was never Kevin's intention to have a numbers matching ride anyway. Goodyear F60-15 Polyglas tires keep the Bee true to the era.
- Paint/Body: A 10-year-old paintjob that has seen its fair share of bugs, road debris, and anything else from the highway still looks marvelous. Kevin has meticulously cared for the car so that it's in top shape when he drives it.
- Interior: The Burnt Orange interior and Pistol Grip are original. Along the way, the seats were recovered and pieces were cleaned up.