"I wanted it to be the best, and out-look anything on the road." - Elliott Parker
'63 Dodge Polara 500 convertible
Owned by: Florene and Elliott Parker, Town Creek, Alabama
- Engine: The original Stage II 426 Ramcharger, restored by R&R Speed and Machine, Huntsville, Alabama.
- Transmission: Restored original 727 TorqueFlite with dash-mounted pushbutton shifter restored by Pat Heron, Huntsville, Alabama.
- Rearend: Restored original 8 3/4-inch with a 3.91-geared Sure Grip.
- Suspension: Restored original: (Front) Heavy-duty longitudinal torsion bars and tubular shocks with an anti-sway bar. (Rear) Heavy-duty leaf springs with tubular shocks.
- Brakes: Restored original non power-assisted drum and shoe brakes all around.
- Wheels and Tires: 14 x 5.5-inch steel wheels wear a set of reproduction BFGoodrich 7.35-14 whitewalls, and a set of "spinner" wheel covers that Polara 500s and Custom 880s shared back then.
- Body: Low-mileage original ’63 Dodge B-Body convertible unibody restored by The Carriage Works, Huntsville, Alabama, using all its original sheetmetal.
- Paint: Black acrylic enamel, sprayed on by The Carriage Works, Huntsville, Alabama.
- Interior: Restored to factory-fresh condition by Richard Cunningham at The Carriage Works, Huntsville, Alabama. Auto Custom Carpets made the repro press-molded carpets that just dropped right in, as well as the Dodge-logo floor mats atop them.