"I've only seen two other '67 R/T hardtops over the years that are this color, and neither one of them had a black vinyl top."--Phil Domin
1967 Dodge Coronet R/T hardtop
Owned by: Phil Domin, Hazleton, Pennsylvania
- Engine: The original numbers-matching 440 Magnum (with "915" heads), updated with an Edelbrock four-barrel, Mopar electronic ignition, MSD coil, and Flowmaster mufflers.
- Transmission: The same console-shifted 727 Torqueflite that it was built with.
- Rearend: The original 8-3/4-inch with a 3.23-geared Sure Grip.
- Suspension: Restored original '67 R/T: (Front) Heavy-duty longitudinal torsion bars and tubular shocks with an anti-sway bar. (Rear) Heavy-duty leaf springs with tubular shocks
- Brakes: Restored original heavy-duty power-assisted drum-and shoe brakes, with 11-inch drums all around.
- Wheels and Tires: 14 x 6-inch 5-spoke "Magnum 500" wheels ride on modern-tech 225/70R14 BFGoodrich Radial TAs instead of the original bias-plies.
- Body: Original '67 Dodge B-Body hardtop unibody--no replacement sheetmetal (or vinyl top) here.
- Paint: One repaint in the original MM1 Turbine Bronze acrylic enamel.
- Interior: 90-percent original, with the OEM '67 R/T front buckets/rear bench, console and woodgrain steering wheel.