"I saved the world from another General Lee!"--Pat Fletcher
1969 Dodge Charger 500
Owned by: Pat Fletcher, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
- Engine: It's a Hemi--but not a 426. Instead, Patrick dropped in a Mopar Gen III 6.4L Hemi crate engine, with an AEM controller, billet fuel rails, regulator, and fuel injectors; and a cable-operated 85 mm throttle body. Headers are ceramic coated tti's, while 3-inch Magnaflow mufflers and pipes flow into custom outlets where the Charger's backup lights were.
- Transmission: Mopar A-518 four-speed overdrive automatic, built by GRT Racing, column-shifted.
- Rearend: Dana 60 by Strange Engineering, with 4.10 gears, Sure Grip and custom 35-spline axle shafts
- Suspension: (Front) Ridetech "Magnumforce" with tubular A-arms and "Shockwave" air springs (Rear) Ridetech triangulated four-link, with "Shockwave" air springs
- Brakes: Big 13-inch Wilwood discs on each corner, power-assisted
- Wheels and Tires: RT/S wheels (17 x 8 inch front, 18 x 9 inch rear) wear Dunlop Sport 9000 tires (235/55R17 front, 285/50R18 rear).
- Body: Rust-free '69 Charger unibody was converted to a Charger 500 and prepped for paint by Patrick, who also shaved off the factory crease along the sides
- Paint: Pat also sprayed on the PPG Black, in basecoat/clearcoat form
- Interior: Kildonan Auto in Winnipeg, supplied an '05 Chrysler 300's front seats, consoles, and one-touch power windows, and Otto's Custom Upholstering in Beausejou, Manitoba grafted them in. Gauges are by AutoMeter, the 600-watt sound system is by Pioneer, and HVAC is by Vintage Air.