"The car sat in a garage at my mom's house for a lot of years, and in my garage for several years, before we finally got around to doing the restoration."
'69 Dodge Charger R/T
Owned by: Art and Donna Handzlik, Depew, New York
Restored by RJ Cars, Arkport, New York
- Engine: The original 440 Magnum that went in at Hamtramck, was rebuilt by Denner Astyk and then detailed by RJ Cars.
- Transmission: Original 727, restored by Continental Transmissions
- Rearend: Original 8-3/4 albeit it's been rebuilt
- Suspension: Restored original '69 Charger R/T: Reproduction heavy-duty torsion bars, front anti-sway bar and tubular shocks in front; leaf springs and tubular shocks in rear
- Brakes: Originally a power-drum-brake car, it now wears disc brakes up front, and the OEM 11-inch drums in back
- Wheels and Tires: At each corner, Weld wheels wear BFGoodrich Radial TAs
- Body: Original '69 Charger unibody was restored by RJ Cars, reversing the ravages of time and rock salt.
- Paint: R-M Diamonte's modern base/clearcoat version of Ma Mopar's metallic T3 Light Bronze Poly
- Interior: Brought back to its original "Dodge Fever"-inducing condition by RJ Cars, with parts by Legendary Auto Interiors.