"It's just like the original without all of the guilt of driving something rare." - John Balow, Muscle Car Restorations.
1969 Plymouth Road Runner
Jack Brundage Seattle, Washington
- Engine: This tribute features a standard 440 with a 6-Pack mounted above the resto cam and later 906 heads. The combination makes for a driver friendly 9.7-1 compression ratio. The intake and carburetors are new Edelbrock and Holley reproductions (another plus to a tribute, NOS parts not required).
- Transmission: It's a Hemi four-speed, what else?
- Rear End: Dana 60 with 4.10 gears.
- Horsepower and Performance: 361 horsepower and 465 lb/ft torque. Jack has no plans to race this car, but it does nearly peg the fun and satisfaction meter. The guilt and worry gauge appears to be broken.
- Suspension: Mostly stock, and rebuilt with modern replacement parts.
- Brakes: Heavy Duty 11-inch drums
- Wheels and tires: Stock 15 x 7 inch steel wheels up front but wide 15 x 8 inch Stockton rims take their place on the back to accommodate some larger BF Goodrich T/A radials. Chrome lug nuts. No hubcaps.
- Restored by Muscle Car Restorations with PPG Sable Bronze poly paint. A reproduction lift off fiberglass hood was used.