• "I solely use PPG Delstar Acrylic Enamel with the Acrylic Urethane Clearcoat (DAU 82). The Delstar product is the only refinishing line today that you can buy the correctly formu-lated color for late-'50s and '60s cars. Any of the other manufacturers paints are a close proximity-a computer match. PPG has the exact formulation for the paint codes. Plus, the results speak for themselves."
19699 Progress Drive
Strongsville, OH 44136
(216) 572-2800; fax: (216) 572-6979.
• "Year One is one of those companies that goes the extra mile to authenticate the fitment and appearance of a particular part. They tell you the reality of the part. By working so closely with professional shops, they get invaluable feedback on their products and services, which in turn, helps everyone working on their restoration projects at home. Their tech department has a vast resource at their fingertips and they know the specifics of the products they sell."
Year One Inc.
P.O. Box 129
Tucker, GA 30085
Fax: (800) 680-6806
Atlanta and Overseas: (770) 493-6568
• "At Paul's, they understand the difference between high-quality and average chrome plating. They pay special attention to the edge of the part, the fine detail, like the Belvedere script on the rear valence panel and on both front fenders. Paul's does not round off edges in the polishing process-they make sure the part is right. When they send you a quote for the chrome plating, their price is the price. In addition, they tell you the day it is going to ship, even if it is 10-to-12 weeks out. The reality is that I know it is coming when they tell me it will come. No, they are not the cheapest, but they are the best in quality and reliability."
Paul's Chrome Plating
341 Mars-Valencia Road
Mars, PA 16046
• "Basically, Hooker is the industry standard. The pipes fit, and with my car, they provided all the bends to make the H-pipe system. The street-legal mufflers are quiet yet have low backpressure. They are the standard by what everything else is measured."
1024 W. Brooks St.
Ontario, CA 91762
Fax: (909) 986-9860
• "Again, Auto Meter is the standard. The best looking gauges and the fact that they are competitively priced and easy to install makes them all the better."
Auto Meter Products, Inc.
Dept. MPRM, 413 Elm St.
Sycamore, IL 60178
(815) 895-8141; fax: (815) 895-6786
• "George Iverson Automotive is a good friend of mine out of Minneapolis. He did all the stainless steel moulding restoration and polishing. George can work the entire price range of the stainless steel restoration, from budget-oriented to no-holds-barred. Best of all, he matches the look of the moulding consistently across the whole car. He can do general polishing or perfect polishing depending on your budget. From a novice who needs help to the professional restoring a Rolls Royce, George comes through for me."
14704 Karyl Dr.
Minnetonka, MN 55345
• "Owner Gary Schmidt bought the business many years ago from Jack Wheeler. Gary's experience dates back to the late '60s and his spe-cialty is building Chrysler engines. His attention to detail is phenomenal and he has an on-site dyno. The price of an engine build includes dyno evaluation-a turnkey package. You get an engine that is ready to install from Gary, you don't have to worry about break-in and that's why we use him."
Wheeler Race Engines
10500 Nassau St.
Blaine, MN 55449
• "What separates Frank Lupo and his company, Dynamic Converters from the others is that they work with the end user. They get the complete information on an engine and the customer's expectations. He then builds a converter that works and meets the customer's expectations. He builds exactly what the customer wants and needs."
143 Adeline St.
New Haven, CT 06519