"I was kind of amazed myself when the car went 13.70."--Chad Potter
1968 Chrysler 300 convertible
Owned by: Chad Potter, Schnecksville, Pennsylvania
- Engine: Chad updated the original forged-crank 440 with 440 Source heads, Keith Black pistons, a mild-grind Comp Cam, and an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake topped by FAST's EZ EFI fuelie. Future upgrades include an MSD ignition, tti headers and a 3-inch exhaust system.
- Transmission: The original 727 TorqueFlite was rebuilt by Chad.
- Rearend: Chad installed a narrowed (B-Body) rear end for tire clearance, after filling it with a 3.55-geared Sure Grip.
- Suspension: Restored stock '68 300: Longitudinal torsion bars, tubular shocks and a sway bar in front; leaf springs and tubular shocks in back.
- Brakes: '73-vintage Mopar single-piston discs in front, with 11-inch drums in back.
- Wheels and Tires: Keystone Classic wheels (15 x 7 inches front, 15 x 8 inches in back) wear BFGoodrich tires (235/70R15 front, 285/70R15 rear)
- Body: Original '68 Chrysler convertible unibody, with a replacement top by Laudenslager's Upholstery in Orefield, Pennsylvania. Bumpers still wear their thick OEM chrome plating, and the headlight doors work fine.
- Paint: The original Frost Green Metallic color, in base/clearcoat form.
- Interior: Stock 300 front buckets/rear bench, restored by Laudenslager's. Other interior highlights include power windows, power seat, the original AM/FM radio and Airtemp A/C.