"It's the only documented executive-ordered '71 Hemi 'Cuda."--Rick Simpson
1971 Plymouth Hemi 'Cuda hardtop
Owned by: Rick Simpson, Cobourg, Ontario, Canada
- Engine: A rebuilt, restored and rarely-driven '71-vintage 426 Hemi.
- Transmission: Another restored OEM item: An 18-spline A-833 four-speed manual with a Hurst "Pistol Grip" shifter. As you know, any other 4-speed behind a Hemi is scrap metal waiting to happen.
- Rearend: What you got with the Super Track Pak option: A 3.54-geared Dana 60 with a SureGrip differential.
- Suspension: Just like it had when it left Hamtramck Assembly: Heavy duty longitudinal torsion bars and an anti-sway bar in front, heavy-duty leaf springs in back, and heavy-duty shocks at all four corners.
- Brakes: Restored OEM power front disc/rear drum brakes.
- Wheels and Tires: Repro Goodyear Polyglas G60-15 RWL tires were OEM, and repro's of 'em are here now, on 15 x 7-inch steel wheels with correct Plymouth dog-dish caps.
- Body: '71 Barracuda hardtop unibody spent a couple decades sitting in a field before it was restored by Jason Repucci in Sacramento, California. That includes the factory spoiler/Go-Wing package the car was built with.
- Paint: Jason Repucci had the original W3 Sno-White sprayed on during his frame-off resto.
- Interior: Restored to original with front buckets, rear bench, standard gauge cluster, radio delete plate, and not much else. NOS parts were used throughout, from one of the biggest stashes of NOS E-Body parts there was.