"When I first saw those stripes light up, I didn't know what was going on, the only thing that I kept saying was, 'Oh my God!' I was shocked!"--Stephanie Williams
1972 Plymouth 'Cuda 340
Owned by: Stephanie Williams, Baton Rouge, Lousiana
- Engine: Original 340 was treated to a rebuild that included a Hughes hydraulic camshaft and lifters, an Edelbrock AirGap intake with a 650 cfm Holley on top, MSD electronic ignition, Doug's Headers and a Pypes 2-1/2-inch exhaust system with cross-over pipe, cutouts and 40-series Flowmaster mufflers.
- Transmission: 727 Torqueflite was rebuilt with a shift kit and other goodies from Mancini Racing.
- Rearend: 3.23-geared 8-3/4 with an open differential
- Suspension: (Front) Longitudinal heavy-duty torsion bars, unequal length A-Arms and tubular Edelbrock shocks with a front anti-sway bar (Rear) Leaf springs and tubular Edelbrock shocks with a rear anti-sway bar
- Brakes: Restored OEM front disc/rear drum brakes, power-assisted.
- Wheels and Tires: Chromed Rallye wheels (15 x 7 inches in front, 15 x 8 inches in back) wear BFGoodrich Radial TA's, 235/60R15 in front, 275/60R15 in back.
- Body: Original 1972 Plymouth E-Body two-door unibody was restored with lower rear quarter patch panels and new steel in the C-Pillars near the rear window
- Paint: Non-original FM3 Moulin Rouge was applied in PPG basecoat/clearcoat by Uncle Mike Williams and Brian Dowdy at Golden Age Restorations, Orland, California. They also painted on the luminescent AAR-style side stripes.
- Interior: Restored original '72 'Cuda, with new seat covers by Cleveland Upholstery, Orland, California.