"There were a lot of aftermarket parts that I took off, and I put it right back to original condition."--Brian Korpatniski
1973 Plymouth 'Cuda 340
Owned and restored by: Brian Korpatniski, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Engine: Brian wanted to bring the 340 that came in his 'Cuda back to showroom stock, so off came stuff like an aluminum intake and aftermarket four-barrel, and on went numbers-matching and year-correct factory parts like a Carter ThermoQuad four-barrel, cast iron intake, and a nowadays-rare set of factory iron exhaust manifolds
- Transmission: Restored 23-spline 833, with Hurst Pistol Grip shifter
- Rearend: Restored 8-3/4 rear end with a Sure Grip and 3.55 gears
- Suspension: Restored original '73 'Cuda: Heavy-duty torsion bars and rear leaf springs, front and rear sway bars, and tubular shocks at each corner
- Brakes: Front disc/rear drum, power assisted--just like what went on back in 1973.
- Wheels and Tires: Though Brian does have a set of radials for it, the 'Cuda wears a reproduction set of Goodyear F70/14 bias-ply Polyglas tires on a restored set of large-bolt-pattern Mopar Rallyes.
- Body: Original 1973 unibody survived the years intact, and needed some TLC by Brian to get it into showroom-new condition
- Paint: Original Lemon Twist acrylic enamel
- Interior: Brian restored the original interior, keeping the buckets, Tuff steering wheel and factory sound system.