New 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T
Upgraded for the performance enthusiast, the new Dodge Challenger R/T includes a new performance-tuned suspension with rail-like handling, more power and more standard equipment than before. Equipped with the legendary 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 engine, this Challenger is designed for the individual who demands muscle-car power with world-class ride, handling, technology and precision.
The new 2011 Challenger R/T includes all the new features on the Dodge Challenger SE, and adds a 5.7-liter HEMI V-8 with new cold-air induction system for 372 (five-speed Auto Stick transmission) or 376 track-tearing horsepower (Tremec six-speed manual transmission with Track Pak). In addition, a new performance-tuned suspension delivers world-class ride and handling, while Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth(R), console-mounted USB port with iPod(R) Control and auxiliary audio input jack, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, automatic headlamps, and power fold-away heated-exterior mirrors make life easier for the Challenger's driver and passengers.
Other standard equipment on the new 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T includes performance-disc brakes with vented rotors, performance steering, 3.73 rear-axle ratio, 215 mm rear axle, LED-illuminated instrument cluster with 160-mph primary speedometer, instrument panel with mini-carbon bezel, fog lamps, "R/T" grille badge, "HEMI" hood badges and rear body-color deck-lid spoiler.
Two available lifestyle packages pack the new 2011 Dodge Challenger R/T with even more athletic style, premium features and performance hardware:
- R/T Plus package--For drivers who want even more feel of the road with premium refinement and details, this package adds larger and wider 20 x 8-inch aluminum chrome-clad wheels with new P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires for improved grip, front and rear seating in new premium Nappa leather, heated front seats and six Boston Acoustics premium speakers with 276-watt amplifier
- R/T Classic package--Designed for the Dodge enthusiast who wants performance with even more nostalgic muscle-car cues, this package adds dual throwback A-line bodyside R/T stripes in Matte Black, large 20-inch polished-aluminum heritage wheels with new P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires, "Challenger" fender badges in classic script, classic eggcrate grille with heritage "R/T" badge, functional hood scoops, high-intensity discharge headlamps (HID), front and rear seating in new premium Nappa leather, heated front seats and six Boston Acoustics premium speakers with 276-watt amplifier
- For even more style, A-line bodyside R/T Classic stripes are available in Bright White, or new for 2011, Bright Red
Optional equipment groups on 2011 Dodge Challenger SE and Challenger R/T models deliver added value and premium content to pack in even more performance. The following equipment groups are available on the Challenger model lineup:
- Connectivity Group--Includes Uconnect Voice Command with Uconnect Phone and Bluetooth(R) Streaming Audio, console-mounted USB port with iPod(R) Control, auxiliary audio input jack, SIRIUS Satellite Radio and automatic-dimming rear-view mirror
- Electronic Convenience Group--Includes EVIC with compass and outside temperature display, HomeLink universal transceiver, vehicle security alarm, tire-pressure monitoring display for all tires, remote start and power fold-away heated-exterior mirrors (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
- Sound Group II--Includes Media Center 430 6.4-inch touchscreen radio with 30-gigabyte hard drive and CD/DVD/MP3 capability, seven Boston Acoustics premium speakers with 368-watt amplifier and subwoofer (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
- Rallye Appearance Group--Includes instrument panel with mini-carbon bezel, hood and deck-lid dual stripes with accent-color outer stripes, 18-inch machined-aluminum rallye wheels with P235/55R18 Michelin MXM4 all-season performance tires and body-color deck-lid spoiler (Available with Rallye package)
- Super Sport Group--Includes 20-inch five-spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels with P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires, performance-tuned suspension, performance steering, performance brake package and 3.06 rear-axle ratio (Available with Rallye package)
- Track Pak Group--Includes Tremec TR6060 six-speed manual transmission, performance-tuned dual exhaust with two low-restriction bottle resonators, performance brake package with high-performance brake linings, limited-slip rear differential, hill-start assist (HSA), 3.92 rear-axle ratio, "pistol-grip" shifter and bright pedals (Available on R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages [must have 20-inch wheels])
- Super Track Pak Group--Includes high-performance steering gear, high-performance brake linings, high-performance tuned monotube-shock absorbers, P245/45R20 Goodyear Eagle F1 Super Car three-season tires and three-mode ESC with "full off" (Available on R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages with automatic or manual transmission [must have 20-inch wheels])
- Mopar Exterior Appearance Group--Includes body-color Mopar hood with "T/A-style" hood scoop, deck-lid mounted "Go-Wing" spoiler and "Strobe Stripe" performance graphics (Available on R/T and R/T Plus packages)
- Mopar Interior Appearance Group--Includes T-handle shifter with "Mopar" logo, bright-pedal kit (automatic only), bright door-sill guards with "Challenger" logo, premium carpet floor mats with "Challenger" logo and car cover with "Challenger" logo (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
Available stand-alone equipment on 2011 Dodge Challenger SE and Challenger R/T models includes:
- Media Center 430N radio--Includes 6.4-inch touchscreen radio with Garmin navigation and guidance with segment-leading ease of use, 30-gigabyte hard drive and CD/DVD/MP3 capability (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages; must have Sound Group II)
- Media Center 730N radio--Includes 6.4-inch touchscreen navigation radio, SIRIUS Travel Link with real-time weather, fuel prices and more, 30-gigabyte hard drive and CD/DVD/MP3 capability (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages; must have Sound Group II)
- 20-inch chrome-clad aluminum wheels--Includes 3.92 rear-axle ratio, 20-inch five-spoke chrome-clad aluminum wheels with P245/45R20 Firestone Firehawk all-season performance tires (Available on R/T)
- Power sunroof--Includes auto-reverse detection (Available with the Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
- R/T hood-to-fender stripes--Includes parallel "War Paint" style stripes with "R/T" logo. Available in Black, Red and Silver (Available on R/T and R/T Plus package)
- Engine block heater--(Available on Challenger SE, Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
- Spare tire delete--Includes TIREFIT tire-service kit (Available with on Challenger SE, Rallye package, R/T, R/T Plus and R/T Classic packages)
- Deck-lid Spoiler Delete--(Available with R/T and R/T Plus package)
- Stripe Delete--(Available on Rallye package with Rallye Appearance Group)
Innovative Uconnect Media Center Radios Keep Challenger Passengers Connected
The new 2011 Dodge Challenger offers an array of connectivity, infotainment and mobile multimedia options for maximum convenience and to keep passengers connected.
The innovative Uconnect Media Center 430, 430N and 730N radios integrate a 6.4-inch touchscreen display, with a 30-gigabyte hard drive where as many as 6,700 songs - more than 150 hours of music - and photos can be stored. Uconnect Media Center radios also offer two navigation options, including: segment-leading Garmin(R) Navigation guidance and mapping (Uconnect Media Center 430N), or premium GPS Navigation with SIRIUS Traffic (Uconnect Media Center 730N). Both Navigation solutions feature SIRIUS Travel Link, providing real-time weather, fuel prices and more while on the go. For the driver who needs efficiency, a voice memo-recorder feature allows for convenient reminders up to 3 minutes long. In addition, Uconnect Media Center radios let Dodge Challenger passengers to create a personalized in-vehicle media experience with its available USB port with iPod(R) control, auxiliary jack for MP3 player input, DVD playback (in Park) and SIRIUS Satellite Radio.
Uconnect Voice Command with Bluetooth(R)
Uconnect Voice Command is an in-vehicle, voice-activated communication system that is standard on new 2011 Dodge Challenger Rallye and Challenger R/T coupes, allowing the driver to control radio stations, mobile devices, including smart phones and iPods, and operate a Bluetooth(R) compatible phone with their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
When the Bluetooth(R) phone is initially connected, the contact list is automatically downloaded to synchronize as many as 1,000 phone book entries, which can then be selected by simply saying a contact name. It also allows drivers to switch radio modes, tune to AM/FM and SIRIUS Satellite Radio stations and request real-time information from SIRIUS Traffic using voice commands. The handsfree option promotes safety, freedom, value and flexibility (optional with Media Center 130).
USB Port with iPod Control
Integrated conveniently and securely under the center-console armrest, this multimedia input allows the driver to control his or her iPod(R) or other media device through Dodge Challenger's Uconnect Media Center radio, Uconnect Voice Command and steering-wheel mounted audio controls. The USB port also provides a mobile recharging station for iPod and USB powered devices. In addition, MP3 and WMA audio files on a USB memory device may also be played and controlled on the Uconnect Touch system.
Uconnect Web turns the all-new 2011 Dodge Challenger into a mobile "hot spot" capable of instant access to websites, e-mail, personalized music, online gaming, photo albums and more. This dealer-installed wireless system provides high-speed data transfer and flexibility, combining Wi-Fi and 3G cellular connectivity for a new level of wireless technology.
SIRIUS Travel Link
Providing the 2011 Dodge Challenger passengers with real-time information and entertainment, SIRIUS Travel Link is available on the innovative Uconnect Media Center 430N and 730N radios. SIRIUS Travel Link provides up-to-the-minute information to make every trip more efficient.
SIRIUS Travel Link includes:
- Weather: shows coast-to-coast weather data, current conditions and 5-day forecasts, detailed storm cell information, hurricane and tropical storm tracking, local wind speeds, and even ski resort conditions
- Fuel Prices: lists prices, locations and distance to more than 120,000 fuel stations across the United States, and can have the Garmin(R) navigation system route to a selected fuel station location
- Sports: provides scores and schedules from the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NASCAR, golf, college football and basketball
- Movies: uses listings from more than 4,500 movie theaters across the United States to help consumers plan movie times, theater addresses, ratings and run lengths ahead of time. Dodge Challenger's passengers also may have the Garmin(R) navigation system routed to a selected theater location
SIRIUS Satellite Radio
With more than 130 channels of the best music, entertainment and information, SIRIUS Satellite Radio provides customers high-definition entertainment coast-to-coast. SIRIUS Satellite Radio offers more than 60 commercial-free, digital music channels and 60 channels of sports, news, entertainment and children's programming, 24 hours a day. Regional traffic and weather reports also are included with SIRIUS Satellite Radio. Selecting favorite stations is easy with the Uconnect Media Center radios. Dodge Challenger's passengers are able to scan channels with steering-wheel controls, utilize presets or select a station with Uconnect Voice Command (e.g. "Tune to Hip Hop Nation"). With premium Uconnect Media Center 430, 430N and 730N radios, SongAlert/Game Alert can notify when a favorite artist or song is playing and can conveniently search both by music category and channel.