As we pulled things off the car they went into little baggies and got labeled. Every screw had its own little bag. When I saw the pile of new parts to go back on, parts that I had collected over 12 months, including a brand-new 360/380 horse crate motor that the warranty had expired on a year prior, I didn't think there was any way they would all go back on that car, but they did, ever so slowly. Every part had to be sanded and painted.

The interior started its life as brown. Someone in the past had painted the entire interior tan. I had to have it white. My brother set me up with paint stripping material that the body shop had suggested. Believe it or not, it only took me about two hours to melt a perfectly good brown interior, console and all. I felt like giving up, but instead I just waited for the Carlisle show in July where I got lucky and found another used interior that Dave helped me restore.

Our two years of hard work paid off. I made my little "plain Jane" challenger, as it's been called, exactly how I wanted it. From the incorrect Honda paint to the beep-beep horn, I made it my car. It is so much fun to drive. At first, I wasn't sure if I would like it, since I never got to drive it before Dave blew the engine (he'll never live that down). When I would sit in it, the hood looked really long. I got used to that. I'm even getting used to the feel of stepping on the gas and the car responding. That part is fun. But the best part of the whole experience has to be the number of Mopar enthusiasts I've met. I've met so many nice people that it has made the time and energy spent on restification well worth the effort.