Sam bought the Charger from Ed a few years ago, and tells us, "This is my first Mopar, but it won't be my last. The car is a real head turner and draws lots of attention. Chrysler did a great job of creating hoopla around their musclecar lineup. Their cars are everything that musclecars are supposed to be: bold looks, great performance, and legendary reputations.
I consider my car a Gentleman Brawler or kind of a wolf in sheep's clothing. With it's regal looking blue color, dressed-up wheels, upscale herringbone interior, and concealed headlamps, this Charger is a sleeper. You might never suspect such an outwardly upscale looking car is such a beast. And that's what I like about it."
Fender Tag DecodeThe fender tag is read from left to right, and bottom to top.D21-Transmission: A833 four-speed manual, Hurst/pistol gripWS-Car Line: Dodge Charger R/T23-Body Type: Two-door hardtopU-Engine: 440 1-4bbl 370hp V-8 440 MAGNUM 1-Model Year: '71 G-seriesA- Assembly Plant: Lynch Road, MI124157-Assembly Plant Sequential NumberGB5-Body Paint: Bright Blue Metallic D-Trim Grade: Deluxe5-Front Seat: Cloth and vinyl bucketsX9-Interior: Black and whiteTX9-Upper door frame color: BlackA19-Scheduled Production Date: Monday, October 19, 1970029939-Vehicle Order NumberGB5-Roof Paint: Bright Blue MetallicU-Build to specifications for U.S.A.N96-Hood: Carb fresh air steel RAMCHARGER26-Radiator diameter: 26-inch widthG36-Outside LH remote/RH manual painted racing mirrorsL37-Concealed headlamps26-Gate Sequence Number: Lynch Road Plant114-Base Sequence Number: Lynch Road Plant123496-Line Sequence Number: Lynch Road Plant443-Engine Assy: 440 1-4bbl with M.T. and Htr Specs052-Axle Assy: 4.10:1 S/G HD 9.75 inch w/ Rear Drums (Front Disc)3 F H-Inspector's Stamps
Options* Charger Light Package (map light, trunk light, headlamp-on reminder buzzer, and so on)
* Concealed Headlamp Group (including an interior hood release)
* Super Track Pack (front disc brakes, power brakes, 4.10:1, 9.75-inch Dana 60 axle, Sure Grip diff., maximum cooling Pkg - 26-inch radiator, 7 blade engine fan, Hemi suspension w/front sway bar, Firm Ride shock absorbers).
* Four-speed manual transmission (yes, the TorqueFlite 727 was standard), Hurst shifter and linkage, dash-mounted reverse light, Pistol Grip handle.
* Spoiler-Rear Only-Aerodynamic (Go Wing)
* Rallye-style instrument cluster (oil pressure, temperature, ammeter, 150-mph speedometer, tachometer)
* Carb Fresh Air Package (Ramcharger hood)
* Tuff steering wheel
* Rear window defogger
* Fender-mounted turn signals
* Power steering
* Multiplex AM/FM Stereo w/rear speaker
* Undercoating and hood pad
* Road wheels w/chrome trim ring
* Exhaust bright tips
* Hood tie-down pins
* Variable speed windshield wipers
* Tinted windshield
* Outside LH remote/RH manual painted racing mirrors